Wednesday 1 February 2012

Day 113 - PP

I've just had 2 P&V days to make up for 2 PP days on the weekend. My weight has stayed the same since Saturday, no loss so far this week. I'm a little discouraged, but I have changed things round and been eating more so I don't know what I expect. I was really getting settled with the diet but since I have been feeling unwell it's all gone to pot.

I hope it's that I just need to tweak something in the diet, maybe I'm not getting enough salt / protein, I think I'm eating enough protein. Maybe too much caffeine / water? I feel really lethargic, headaches, opposite of constipated, faint / sick sometimes and yesterday I was drinking my normal amount of water and I started getting really sharp pains in my stomach. I've been feeling like this for about 11 days.

I really want to stick with the diet!

Anyone got any ideas / felt the same way? I've updated my weekly food diary page, you could look and see if that gives you any clue.

Have a good day xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Sonia,

    I read your blog consistently, but don't comment. Last month, I had similar symptoms to what you are experiencing, and I just couldn't put a finger on what was going on. Lethargic, opposite of constipated, crampiness in my stomach, and I couldn't really eat much either. I didn't realize at the time, but my TOM was due in 10 days, and after TOM arrived, my symptoms vanished..then it all made sense.

    So perhaps that might be the case with you too?

    BTW, I've never had those type of PMSy symptoms ever before, and that early in the cycle too...this was a first, so fingers crossed, perhaps that's what going on with you too ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Archana. I really hope thats what it is!

    Your comment has come just at the right time! You've stopped me doing something silly. I've been feeling that awful I've been considering all sorts - having celebration meals, moving onto consolidation.

    I'm probably due my TOM next week. I've read quite a few people saying that their TOM is better once starting Dukan but their PMS is worse / ovulating more painful.

    I have noticed that I seem to retain more water when I'm ovulating (feel really bloated, etc) more so than when it's actually my TOM.

    Hope your Duakn Diet is going well.
    Tahnks for reading my blog and commenting. Sonia xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a shame if PMS is somehow worse on dukan, wouldn't it? Love the diet overall, been on it since mid-Dec and doing great, my weekly weigh-in is tomorrow, so we'll see what results I get.

      One of the things I found I didn't do last month was take my one-a-day Vit B Complex...that usually helps tremendously with my PMS, the bloating, lethargy etc.

      I was regularly taking it even before Dukan, but sometimes I tend to get cocky when TOM arrives and departs without causing me too many problems, as it did in Dec, and I become complacent and don't take my Vit B as I should, and then BAM! I'm reminded of the power of the mighty Vit B Complex, lol.

      Try that for a couple months and see if you notice any difference...It surely helped me a lot !

      Delete
  3. I know, as if it isn't bad enough already! LOL.

    I'm currently taking Well Woman vitamins with Evening Primrose and Star Flower oil, has got Vit B too. BUT I'm really bad at remembering to take them everyday. I've started writing it on my daily food log as kind of a memory aid. It's helping.

    I think you feel so good losing weight you can forget about PMS / TOM until it hits like a sledgehammer. If I have another month like this I well may consider swapping to a Vit B Complex.

    ReplyDelete