Wednesday 22 February 2012

How do you change? Day 134 (P&V)

So far this week I had stayed the same so there hasn't been much to report. I weighed this morning and had lost, so here it is.

Weigh In 14st 12.5llbs / 208.5llbs / 94.57kgs. (the first weight was 14st 11.5llbs but I normally weigh a couple of times and go with the number I get the most, hopefully that means tomorrows weigh in will be a good one).

I did my measurements yesterday (updated page) and they were quite encouraging although I wish I was making a bit more progress with my arms, I hope they will improve?!?

Totals - 11" off hips / 9" off my waist / 7" off the top of each leg (thats scary!) LOL.

Its been a mixed week really, I'm poorly again - bad throat / chesty cough (oh well at least its not a cold). I'll be glad when the sun starts shining!

I don't really know how to put my feelings into words, I'm struggling to feel happy about what I have achieved, I know it sounds silly but its like nothing I do is good enough, I always set unrealistic expectations for myself and probably others too.

Sandi's quote of the day - "Remember that being a success without happiness is meaningless".

How do you change this? How do you make yourself content and confident? I just feel a bit lost. Mentally its like I haven't lost any weight at all! Maybe I need to look at the positives more. Weight loss is definitely not a cure all. I'll work on it.

Hope you're all having a good one! x

2 comments:

  1. One way to stop this is asking yourself, what will you do once you reach your goal weight? What will life be like once you have accomplished your goal? This shifts the focus from the here and now, to the longer term.

    We get so engrossed in the day to day aspects of eating right, weighing ourselves etc..that we lose appreciation and clarity of the bigger picture.

    I ask this of myself, as I was also having the same feelings of not having done/accomplished enough.

    At one point, I was contemplating aiming for a lower weight than what I had originally planned, and I started wondering why I was going down that path. Perhaps I was being greedy, as it didn't make any sense.. the weight that I set for myself originally was what I had wanted to weigh for years and years and years...and it just didn't make any sense continuing down that road being greedy for more...but I still struggled with the emotion of it all.

    Anyways, chick, you are not alone..when it comes to weight, I guess we can't be thin enough and we can't be pleased. In many ways, we're hardest on ourselves, and our worst enemies.

    So realize it's normal, and you're not some crazy woman to feel this way, but I do urge you to start thinking of what you will do once you hit your target and channel some of that energy in that direction. Visualize life at your goal weight and keep plodding on.

    You are doing great !

    Hope this helps !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Archana! It helps alot. You always know what to say to make me feel better! I suppose it's easier to take the advice of other's rather than our own. I think that focusing ahead is the way forward. I do tend to concentrate on the negative, this is one of the biggest things I need to work on, its not wrong for me to be happy and enjoy life. I don't need to feel guilty about it. x

      Delete