Wednesday 29 February 2012

Day 141 (PP)

Weight - 14 stone 10.5llbs / 206.5llbs / 93.66kgs

1.5llbs gone - woohoo! Some movement!

Last night I went on my cross trainer instead of walking and I must say I prefer walking! That is something I NEVER thought I would say.
I really struggle to find shoes that fit well, I have wide feet / toes, shoes tend to taper off towards the toes and this doesnt suit my feet, my little toes get really squashed (hence blisters). This weekends task is to find some trainers that fit nicely for walking, I think I will keep doing the cross trainer until my feet are healed.

If anyone can recommend some comfy makes of trainers that would be a great help!

Hope everyone is having a good day, off to get my porridge and do my stretches / weights now. xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Salomon and New Balance are wider (I have wide feet too!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem finding new gym shoes, my feet are wider at my toes. I'm also flat footed, so i have to have great arch support. I just bought a pair of asics that i love. I'm still breaking them in, but no gym shoes are comfortable the first couple of times, at least not for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ladies, I will definitely check out these makes. The pair I bought were a UK 7 / EU 41 / US 8, I think I should have got the next size up, but I thought my feet might shrink more and then I'll have to get another new pair! Hindsight is a wonderful thing hey! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I bought Brooks - Addiction 10 , when I was home in the States in January... I have VERY WIDE feet and they're flat also :( I LOVE these trainers... LOVE THEM. I have had no blisters and I feel stable for the first time ever. I am running in them... a word not in my vocabulary 6 months ago... and running in the pouring rain and I don't feel like I'm going to trip at all (I have horrible knees, multiple surgeries) So, that's my endorsement :) Here's their URL: http://www.brooksrunning.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always buy shoes in the afternoon ... and I usually do have to buy sports shoes half a size up (and hiking shoes almost 2 sizes up) for a comfortable fit, although I have thin-ish feet. I have to agree with the suggestion for New Balance shoes. I can totally recommend the Women's 1024 Running Shoe - especially made for somewhat heavier women with extra cushioning. It also comes in wide width. Even if you don't want to run, I'd get a running shoe, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great practical advice Moonday, I was thinking about running shoe, New Balance are my favourite so far. Seem to be about the right kind of price range too. x

      Delete