Monday 27 February 2012

I dragged myself out!

Weight - SAME.

Dreadful nights sleep again courtesy of my darling daughter.

This morning I did some weights, nothing too heavy, 2kg dumbbells, the exercises I did were to tone my triceps. Did 80 waist twists (trim down waist). Don't know if dancing around with my daughter counts but it was fun teaching her the twist!!!!!! LOL.

This afternoon went shopping for summer clothes for my daughter with my sister and then back to her place for coffee. I was shattered, I have a blister on the back of my foot, legs are killing.

CAN YOU SEE THE EXCUSES PILING UP FOR NOT GOING OUT FOR A WALK????????

HAHA - BUT I DID! WOOHOO!!!!!

My body is fighting me all the way, but I did it. I just have another blister to add to my collection. LOL.

I definitely think my body is starting to put up some resistance to my losing weight now, but I feel healthy, I'm happy with this eating plan, so I will stick with it. Looking back at my food diary one thing I did notice is that my water intake has gone up, I'd not really noticed but the past few weeks I have been drinking way too much (6L+ and thats not including tea/coffee - YIKES!!!). Drinking becomes quite addictive for me (obsessive personality), the more I drink, the thirstier I become, but I am definitely going to try and cut it back a little this week and see if that makes any difference.

Hope everyone else has had a great day xoxo

27 Feb 2012 - 30 minute walk - (2 miles / 3.2kms)

10 comments:

  1. Just a reminder, when you start exercising, you will lose fat but build muscle. Why don't you measure yourself (waist, hips, thighs, bust, etc), so you'll be able to compare the measurements later? It'll also be reassuring when the scale isn't moving very fast but you are actually shrinking. Congratulations on the new path you are embarking on, you'll feel better mentally as well as physically. As for the water, hmmm. Is there something going on? Too much salt or coffee/tea, more than before? I get dehydrated easily, and I have to up my liquids in response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion Veera, I'll do it today, great idea.
      Water - I dont know, my food hasnt changed, but I have been drinking one extra cup of tea / coffee a day, maybe thats it??? I'll cut it back to 2 cups again instead of 3. x

      Delete
  2. Hi Sonia, just a quick thought...Is it possible any of the prepackaged foods you may be eating have excessive sodium? If you haven't changed brands, it'd be a moot point..If not, I'd check the ingredients list for the nutrition info.

    The sodium can cause retention issues and that could be another potential reason for the STS and/or thirst.

    Also, measuring yourself is a great way to track progress, so I second what Veera said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Archana, hope you are well. Haven't changed the brands of pre-packaged food I eat or eaten more of them than normal, dont season food with salt.

      As for Pre-packaged foods, that would mainly be yoghurt 0.10g sodium (1 per day), fishsticks 0.12g sodium (between 4-8 per day), turkey 0.4g sodium per slice (2-3 slices but not every day). Don't know if this is high? Maybe my body is just being more sensitive to the sodium now. I'll try and cut back for few days, see if it makes a difference. Thanks for all the suggestions, sometimes you just don't think of the obvious things.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to talk a little about weight resistance in my blog later. I'm starting to experience it a little, and I am going to do some research on it today... You've done fantastic, ride this small plateau, it'll be over soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandi, I'm feeling pretty good at the moment so I'll be riding away! LOL.
      Personally I think it has to do with the weather warming up, I have noticed I'm not as cold, my body temperature seems to be up. I think this definitely slows losses down. xoxo

      Delete
  4. I think it's great that an "exercise lightbulp" went off ... your body is ready for it. You'll be amazed by what you will be able to do in a short time. The more you exercise, the more energy you will have! And even though I hate (HATE!) running, I sometimes do just to see that I can do it without dying ... who would ever have thought! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Thanks Moonday, I feel stronger already. I can see how exercise isn't just about fitness, it can have an affect on your confidence too, I feel like Im walking taller already. Sandi gives me such funny ideas, I'm going to look into the couch to 5k!!!! Its good to have somthing to aim for?!?!?(in the distant future!!!) LOL.

      Delete
  5. Being cold is a sign of dehydration! I think of it as your blood gets thicker and can't get into those tiny capillaries in your feet and hands. Whenever my feet get cold, I go drink a big glass of water right away. BTW, when I have an extra tea during the day, I have to have 1-2 glasses of water more that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats interesting Veera, I honestly thought it was the other way round. When I'm warm I feel thirstier than when I'm cold. Good point about the tea, I am trying to go back down to 2 cups of tea/coffee. Thanks for trainer recommendations, I'll check them out.

      Delete