Sunday 26 February 2012

The lightbulb has FINALLY gone off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I say lightbulb I mean the Exercise lightbulb!

I know you must think me slow, Ive been on the diet for about 4.5 months, surely I should have got it by now! But when exercise / even being generally active has never been a part of your life, its a hard pill to take. But over the past few days, its been dawning on me that whether I like it or not, exercise is the only way that I can make my transformation complete, the only way I will be able to lose weight and tone and the only way I will be able to consolidate and stabilize my weight forever, because trust me I will NOT put this weight back on again, EVER!!!!!!!

So far on this weight loss journey, I have ignored exercise or made token efforts, but in all honesty, only a few times. But the more weight I lose, the more I feel ready and motivated to make this a permanent addition to my DAILY ROUTINE.

Tonight as I was waving my husband and daughter goodbye (they were going to visit his parents) I was thinking half heartedly of going for a walk, I've had the urge to walk all day but as Ive always done, I pushed it to one side in favour of washing, cooking, cleaning, and the list goes on. I was just about to close the door when I saw a little old lady walking her dog and I thought "there's something wrong here, if a pensioner can do it, surely I can!" So I got my coat and shoes on, grabbed my ipod and ran out of the house before I could change my mind!

I walked hell for leather for 10 minutes (from my house to the town hall - 0.7 miles / 1.1 km) and turned around, it took me 15 minutes to get home again, so I was alot slower!!! I was surprised that when I got home I wasn't overly tired or out of breath but my legs were aching, all the muscles under my bum were starting to seize up. I'm eager to improve my fitness and I will be putting my exercise on my blog everyday, make sure wont you.

26 Feb 2012 - 25 minute walk (1.4 miles / 2.2 kms).

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I have made no real effort to work out on Dukan. I get these bouts of really wanting to do it and I quit after usually one day, maybe less XD
    Seriously do this, chart your progress and work at it.
    I really wish I had your drive and motivation!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was 21 I lost 70llbs, I didnt follow a management plan, didnt do any exercise and I put it all back on again and another 78llbs on top!!!!! Now that I am 28 I am determinded I am not going to repeat this. I dont just want to lose weight, I want to be healthy and fit, I want my daughter to be able to follow my example so she can lead a healthy life. So for me there is too much at stake not to make exercise a part of my daily life. AND I MAKE NO EXCUSES I ENJOY MY FOOD - I am not someone who can eat teeny tiny portions to maintain a weight, so therefore exercise is a must.

      Delete
  2. What an awesome post! Glad you got the walk in. I find I like it so much that on days that I don't walk (which is rare) I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandi, I did enjoy it. Having a bit of time and space for me, it was nice to think and get lost in the music! I constantly have your voice in my head saying "are you walking yet Sonia? you should be walking" LOL. and your example spurs me on! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Sonia... I love your blog and have nominated you for the Sunshine Award :)

    If you wish to accept it, there are three steps: post a thank-you and link to my site, answer the seven questions that I answered in my post, and nominate 10 other bloggers you admire. Then enjoy the award on your blog!

    You can see your nomination here: http://flamidwyfe.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/the-sunshine-award/

    Peace! Sandi

    ReplyDelete