Wednesday 28 March 2012

Day 169 (P&V)

Well I ate more yesterday and am now 1llb down, same weight as this time last week, but still up from Saturday - OH WELL!!!!!!

My verdict - I wasn't eating enough and I have trapped wind!!!! Dont laugh!!!! :) I know it sounds funny but it is so painful. I was really starting to worry about it yesterday, then I woke up in the middle of the night and remembered that I had exactly the same thing when I was younger, it felt exactly the same. At the time I went to the doctors then and he recommended a bowl of branflakes! Well I can't do that now, but I asked Tim to get me some wheat bran from the health food shop today and I am going to make some of Shannon's bread and see if that helps. Im also having another P&V day and am drinking peppermint & fennel tea.

Thanks for all the support / comments, I really do appreciate it! 

I shouldn't be surprised - this diet always seems to do this type of thing to me. As soon as I start to feel comfy, like I have a good routine going, I think "I've got this down" and BANG it throws me a loop! LOL.

Has everyone seen Dr. Dukan in the news???? Looks like he may be in a little trouble over his comments on obese school children. Tell the truth and look where it gets you! Try and tackle the timebomb that is childhood obesity and everyone is up in arms - CRAZY!!!!!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/dietandfitness/9169229/Will-the-Dukan-Diet-lose-its-attraction.html

Hope everyone is having a good day. Sun still shining here, well at least until tomorrow! xoxo

8 comments:

  1. No surprise from the medical establishment there Sonia. Getting healthier by losing weight, reducing BMI, cholesterol, blood sugar, et.al. is anathema to the establishment. Even if they yank his license, the diet will still work. Some day, some way it will eventually be known as 'common truth' that carbs are NOT the health promoting substances they say they are...alas and alack, that day is probably pretty far in the future so long as the powers that be hold sway.
    Nice loss also :) It can be a rollercoaster ride for sure.
    *anna
    oceannah.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. I totally agree, this diet does work! No one who follows it to the letter can deny its affect. It makes me laugh how they quote studies about most people putting the weight back on, of course you aren't going to keep the weight off if you go back to eating junk and lots of it!!! Isnt that just common sense. I hate how all these areticles are so one sided, they've obviously not read the sections on Consolidation / Stabilization. xoxo

      Delete
  2. My wind problems are due to wheat most of the time, so they usually go away 3 days after I stop eating it. When I have unexplained puffiness/wind and I feel like I'm going to explode or am in pain, I sometimes resort to a medication that's sold here as Gas-X. My PP days help too, as wind problems seem to occur due to certain vegetables (the sweeter kind!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veera, the peppermint/fennel tea seems to be helping a little. I dont think I've helped it by not eating enough. I may look at what medication is sold here just in case. Good point about the veg.... I hope this isnt too much of a regular occurrence though, last time it happened I was about 11/12yrs old. xoxo

      Delete
  3. So sorry... I laughed before you said not to! Glad you may have narrowed it down tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont worry, so did I!!! LOL. Thanks Jamie xo

      Delete
  4. yay make my bread! It is yummy and this version didnt turn out to 'moist' either so you dont have to toast it. i recommend to take it out the tin and leave on the wire rack in the oven to harden the bottom. trapped wind is so painful! im going to try a new bread this weekend without the wheat bran n see how that turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon, Im feeling a little better today thankfully. Thanks for the bread tip, Im going to make it tomorrow hopefully. I did your chocolate muffins today - wow they were yummy! You'll laugh at my wheatbran saga in my next post, I think I'll be using wheatbran for the forseeable future! LOL. xoxo

      Delete