Sunday 4 March 2012

Day 143 PP / 144 PP / 145 PV - New game plan!

Day 143 - weight same (25 min walk / weights / stretches).
Day 144 - lost 1llb - 14 stone 9.5llbs / 205.5llbs / 93.21kgs. (weights / stretches).
Day 145 - lost 0.75llbs - 14 stone 8.75llbs / 204.75llbs / 92.87kgs. (30 min walk).

Sorry for not posting sooner, its been a hard couple of days, its difficult sometimes to know what to write when YOU dont know what you're feeling!

Quite a few bloggers seem to be having issues with plateau's at the moment, so I'm not alone, and although my weight loss turned out to be Ok for last week, most days I have been staying the same on the scales, with little movements here and there, I still have a long way to go, so this can be quite frightening.
I have been spoilt with my weight losses until now. Oh yes, I have put in the hard work, but my body has also been very kind to me. I dont want it to start being mean now so I feel I need to shake things up a little. Time for a new game plan!!!!
  • For the next few weeks, each week I will do 4PP days and 3P&V days.
  • I wont eat soups but instead serve vegetables as a side. (Harder to assess how much veg you are eating when its a bowl of soup - plate should be 2/3 protein - 1/3 veg.)
  • Walk at least 5 days of the week, more if possible.
  • Weights / Stretches cycle - 3 days on / 1 day off.
  • Remember to take vitamins regularly - now taking Vit B Complex, selenium, Vits A / C / E and a Calcium / Vit D complex.
  • Eat more EGGS / VINEGAR / RAW VEG / ONIONS - all things that seem to help my weight loss.
  • Eat good size meals and avoid too much snacking.
  • Make sure I have tolerated items, strange I know, but my body responds well to them and they seem to help my losses. Sometimes I get too caught up with the strict rules and I think my body objects to this!
I also realised last week I had been eating cherry f/f fruit yoghurts, I normally eat peach activia yoghurts but I only had cherry left! DOH!!! What fruits does Dukan say to avoid - cherries / bananas /  grapes! That will not be happening again.

I felt really hungry on Thursday / Friday, not sure if this was because of starting the exercise / sign of PMS or both! I did up my food intake, but managed to reign myself in and start formulating the above plan on Saturday, this really helped to calm me down and focus again.

Hope everyone else is doing great! xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I find cutting down on dairy and cutting down on my portions helps when I was at a plateau.

    Good luck and keep working towards your goal, the plateau will break eventually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, hope you're having a great trip! I say plateau but my weight loss hasn't stopped, maybe just slowed down a touch, I just panic that my body might be warning me of an upcoming plateau!!!!
      I dont really eat much dairy, but I will measure it to see what it comes out at. (Should be well below 1kg allowed, maybe even less than the 500g reduced allowance Dukan suggests if you reach a plateau). xo

      Delete
  2. Am I really seeing that you've lost almost 80 lbs??? You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie, I really appreciate it! xo

      Delete
  3. The word "soup" just set off a bell within me!!! Thanks :-) ... I actually find that even "eating" a plateful (cupful?) of broth before my evening meal helps me lose weight, which is strange, as it contains sodium ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help! LOL..... Maybe its just the type of soup I make / I just eat too much of it!!!! I get loads of veg with herbs, bouillon stock, cook, then whizz it all in a blender. Not very broth like!
      Although I avoid adding salt to things and watch that Im not having too much salt, realistically your body does need some salt. If I cut back on it too much, I feel a bit poorly. xo

      Delete