Tuesday 27 March 2012

Day 168 P&V - Gotta keep on keeping on!

Weigh In
27 Mar - 14st 2.5llbs / 198.5llbs / 90.03kgs ****GAIN 1LLB****
Trying not to panic, I'm not used to scales going in the wrong direction too much!!!!

Not really sure what is going on here. I think its water retention, I dont feel puffy or bloated in general, but my lower abdomen feels very weird at the moment - very puffy / water logged / painful especially on left side. I think I'm ovulating. I also feel strange in the bathroom department AGAIN, its not that I cant go or havent been going but something doesn't feel right.

The past few days I have really lost my appetite, I dont feel hungry anymore at all, I have to force myself to eat so I wonder if my body is thinking I'm not eating enough.

I think I need to try some new recipes and make some more interesting recipes. What are your favourites?????

Today is P&V day, so I will try and eat some more, it is Tim's Mum & Dads 36th Wedding Anniversary, we are going to their house for a family meal tonight. We got them a digital photo frame, and put pictures of Amilee on it for them, they'll love it!!!!! Ami gets so spoiled by her Mimi & Taid.

Last night we went late night shopping and ending up calling in at Pizza Hut on the way home, we were there until nearly 8pm, I hadnt eaten dinner but the food still didnt bother me at all, it felt good, Tim and Ami enjoyed the pizza and the fact we were out as a family was nice. I have really avoided the whole restaurant thing so far whilst on Dukan. I dont think I would eat at a restaurant, its hard to know what is going on with your food, but its good to feel strong enough to go into a restaurant and not feel deprived / miserable because I wasn't eating. GOT TO LOOK FOR THE POSITIVES IN EACH SITUATION.

Hope everyone else is having a better "Dukan" Day xoxo :)

10 comments:

  1. Hm ... sounds like you need to eat some *more* (Dukan approved food, obviously) ... and are you keeping up your water intake????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I must need to eat a little more, its just so hard when you're not hungry. The warmer weather has always made me eat less too. Water intake fine, I'm drinking every time I'm thirsty, so about 7 litres per day give or take a bit.
      Maybe I'm bored with the food Im eating, need to find some new recipes and make it a bit more appetising / interesting. Thanks Moonday, hope you're feeling better now xoxo

      Delete
  2. I went through that "I'm not hungry" phase a few weeks ago too! Not at all fun! I had this feeling like, I need to eat, but good grief.. this all sounds disgusting. So I ate to eat. Anyways, I'm over it now, but at the time, I ate lots of yogurt and cottage cheese just to get food in to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie, its good to know that others go through the same kind of things! Well done for getting back on the wagon after Vegas! Its amazing that you are so strong..... xoxo

      Delete
  3. Maybe we were separated at birth, Sonia. I was having all kinds of issues, chalked it up to the fact that I was only 5 pds away from goal...but I seriously think my body cannot eat a lot of protein when it is warm outside..during the cold weather, the protein is very welcome as it really does warm me up. As the weather warms, I naturally gravitate more towards foods with more water content, melons, greens etc..

    So eating protein like it's going out of fashion can be tricky when the sun is shining in full force.

    Sorry, I have no helpful suggestions this time, just wanted to let you know you are not alone in experiencing this. But hang in there, nothing weird is going on. You have to just ride it out !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we were, Archana...... LOL. 5lbs away from goal!!!!! How GREAT is that! Congratulations.....

      I'll just keep going, I know it works, its just disheartening when I have so far to go, although I need to remember its not as far as I have come!!!

      Thanks for your comment, I hope you get to your goal asap, you definitely deserve it! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Sonia, I felt the same way and some days I really have to focus on eating. The hunger just isn't there. I know it's like some Dukan Taboo but maybe if you track your calories for a few days and see if you are at least in a reasonable (1200 or more) per day place that could help. I was super busy today and had coffee and a protein shake...til 4pm. Not good I know, but it illustrates the point on cutting hunger.
    XO hang in there.
    *anna

    ps...we got the same photo frame for the grandparents for christmas...they love it, even though at first my mother in law did not like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. They loved the photo frame! His parents are so sweet.
      I feel better about eating more now, I think I was just getting bored with what I was eating, its strange how I didnt realise this though!!!! DOH.... Im trying to mix it up a little more, hopefully that will help! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi, Yeah good idea to try a few new recipes, maybe start making a few mustard or yoghurt type sauces.And parsley is really good for you (and your blood). Why not try making tostadas or croissants? I havent tried these recipes yet but they sound great!I found them on the dukanitout website (which doesnt seem to be working right now!) but i have the recipes if you want them....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon, I'll definitely try the parsley. I made some onion crackers today (recipe from dukanitout website) it was so great to have something crunchy!!!(other than raw veg). I tried the soft buns recipe from that website too but didnt think much of them, I think I should've made them smaller as they didnt really cook in the middle. I guess its all trial and error! xoxo

      Delete