Thursday 1 March 2012

Day 142

Exercise 1st March 2012

Cross Trainer 35.31 minutes (including 5 mins cool down) 2.3kms / 1.43 miles. Calories burned - 70.6.

Will do weights later - went on cross trainer after lunch as I'll be out this evening.

As you can guess I replaced the batteries in my cross trainer! I can see how it can become addictive measuring your progress. It was great, much less boring when you can try and better yourself, go faster, burn more calories, cover more distance.
My speed ranged from 3.6km / 7.9km (fastest was only on 2 occasions for 10 seconds ish!) I'm assuming its km per hour???? Don't really work in km's myself. Average 3.7 - 4.5.

I've only been using this for 3 days now and its amazing the progress you can make, I was able to keep going pretty much constantly and push myself right to the 30 minute mark. The past 2 days, by the time I got to 15 - 20 minutes I was getting really tired. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

CALORIES BURNED 70.6 - HILARIOUS!!!!! This is less than a bag of crisps, maybe the same as one biscuit! CRAZY. I used to go through a whole pack of cookies and family size bag of crisps (not at same time LOL, I was slightly restrained!!!!) It definitely makes you appreciate the amount of food you actually need, thats for sure. Is a biscuit worth such a workout - its debatable!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jamie here... I'm going to the gym tomorrow and I'll ask about those twists. I can't remember what they said to do in place of twists. I know slight twists are okay, it's just the very dramatic twisting that is bad for you. We were watching this lady laying on the floor on the bosu ball (looks like 1/2 of a stability ball w/ a platform) and then twisting with a kettle ball. My personal trainer literally gasped and cringed and then said, with a finger in my face, "DON'T... DO... THAT!!!"

    ReplyDelete