Saturday 10 March 2012

Day 151 - I'm sure the first 100 days went faster!

Weigh In - 14st 7llbs / 203llbs / 92.07kgs

Thankfully 1llb gone! Total of 2.5 this week! Didn't make my goal, 40llbs left to lose, but only missed it by 2llbs, I think thats pretty good considering the week I've had.

I seem to be getting really dehydrated these days, the more I drink the thirstier I get. I mean how much water is too much??? It does worry me a little. Yesterday for example, I drank nearly 8 litres, still felt thirsty most of the day and had to get up at 3am for another glass of water as my mouth / lips felt ridiculously dry, there was no way I could get back to sleep without a drink. Is this normal???? It doesn't feel it!!!! I've not changed anything I eat, not added salt to anything, maybe my body is just getting more sensitive to sodium - who knows?!?!

I think that the weight loss I have had this week is less because of my not walking as much, I have been doing walks but I have had my daughter with me so I couldnt go at the same pace as I would normally. I really need to pick it up again this week and see if that makes a difference.

I am going to do a 3-4 day attack but not sure when I will start it yet, Tim is off work until Tuesday, it is generally easier to do PP days when he isnt here. Not that he isnt extremely supportive, but I know he likes it if we can have a meal together and there isnt just meat on my plate.

Hope everyone is having a great day, the sun is shining and its very warm here today! Enjoy! xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Sonia, I think maybe you need to visit the doctor, drinking that much water and still being thirsty doesn't sound right. My first thought was Type 2 diabetes (scary!) or diabetes insipidus (it has the word diabetes in it, but it's totally different) Weight loss and low carb is of course the "cure" for Type 2, but just get a checkup D. insipudus requires a totally different medication, it has nothing to do with insulin. While you are waiting for your appointment, I'd suggest several 6L+ days to see if the problem improves. I would also not do attack right before going to the doctor, as it might really screw up any bloodwork they take. Maybe someone else who's gone to the doctor on Dukan may have additional input. Congratulations on your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonia... Congrats on the 2.5 lbs! Perfect for where we both are on this diet.

    Second, I agree with Veeruka, you should probably see someone about your thirst. I think 8 liters of water is TOO much to be drinking and can be counterproductive and maybe dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not get too worried, however, I agree with Veerruka that seeing your MD might be in order. Eating only protein increases the need for more water. Also, you might have more of an electrolyte in-balance which would only be magnified by more water. Check into it and maybe even food journal while you wait to see doc to try and pinpoint the culprit. XO feel better. *anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if last post made it through the ethers... I'd check it out Sonia, just to be sure. Food journal til appointment to have a baseline perhaps. Great loss!! xo *anna

    ReplyDelete