Monday 30 April 2012

Day 202 (P&V) Making the most of it?!?!?

Weigh In
29 April - SAME
30 April - 13 stone 2.5llbs / 184.5llbs / 83.68kgs (Loss 1llb)

I'm definitely pleased with the way things are going weight loss wise. I got on the scales this morning hoping for a stay the same, but in all honesty I thought I had gained at least half a pound, NO a 1llb loss! I think my body definitely prefers the 3PP/3P&V routine.

I was thinking about portion sizes and I'm constantly trying to remind myself of the Protein/Veg ratio. 2/3 protein - 1/3 veg. I realised yesterday that I have unknowingly got myself into the mindset of "I'll make the most of it while I can have it!" I can't have veg everyday, so when I can, I'll make the most of it?!?!? But am I really making the most of it..............Here is just another example of crooked thinking which I need to conquer before Consolidation. I won't be able to have my celebration meal everyday but am I going to think "I better make the most of it while I can have it" and overeat/binge.

I think thats why the 3P&V is working better for me - I don't feel the need to overeat, I am happy eating smaller amounts of veg & I'm then glad to get back to the PP days. I'm also trying out eating a bigger lunch and then reducing the size of my evening meal. Tim had a great idea - we're going to get a new set of plates, ours are enormous! Much too big! Hopefully that will help with portion sizes too.

I have to tell you about this great recipe I tried on the weekend for a Dukan chocolate mousse! I cant even describe how lovely it is! I generally try to avoid sweet things as I have such a sweet tooth (My Achilles Heel for sure!) but I think every once in a while its Ok. Now I've either been on this diet for too long or this is genuinely one of the best chocolate desserts I have EVER tasted. Even after Dukan I won't be eating any chocolate cake, tarts, mousses unless its this one - why would I want to eat so many more calories when this tastes SO FAB!
I didnt take any pics but check out Ponderosity's Dukan blog for a great pic. I used gelatin leaf as I didnt have any of the powdered kind, I guessed how much I needed???? - it didnt work out too great, there was a kind of chocolate soup under the mousse (but even that was yummy! LOL).

Hope everyones having a great one xoxo

I'm hoping to get a chance later to catch up with and comment on everyone else's blogs! xoxo

7 comments:

  1. I love that Sonia... "Now I've either been on this diet for too long or this is genuinely one of the best chocolate desserts I have EVER tasted." Very funny. Great job on the pound gone. What a terrific way to start your week. How's the new car?

    *anna
    oceannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! :) LOL. My taste buds have changed so much on this diet, I definitely think cutting out the junk food has given me a better palate.
      The car's great thanks, I've not driven it yet! The weather has been so terrible, torrential rain, I thought I'd wait until it was dry for a testdrive. I'm a wimp! HEHE. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the link back :)!

    I can tell you my taste buds haven't changed all that much innthen2 months we have been doing this, but I think they are awesome! We were making a chocolate cake thing, but then I found this recipe, and it takes 2 seconds to make with much less carbs etc in it.

    I did try this with peppermint flavour the other day and it added an extra hint, I am wondering if orange would work as well :)

    Well done on your weight loss! I am just glad I have another blog to read that is being updated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Have fun.
    *anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's insane! you're nearly in the 12s!! well done, you steadily lose weight and dont cheat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and I am so gonna try that choc mousse!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sonia, I’ve nominated your blog for the Liebster Award. Please stop by http://oceannah.wordpress.com/ to collect your award. Congratulations, you are doing amazing things and I love being a part of it all in the bloggy way :)
    *anna

    ReplyDelete