Monday 9 April 2012

Day 181 P&V

8 Apr 2012 - (Gain .75llb) 13st 10.5llbs / 192.5llbs / 87.31kgs
9 Apr 2012 - (Loss .5llb) 13st 10llbs / 192llbs / 87.08kgs

Looks like it will be one of those weeks again, up/down - up/down! I'm not too worried as it is TOTM so no doubt it will all equal out by the end of the week. I do find that the more weight I lose, the more I seem to be affected by water retention. Or maybe I just notice it more now!!!! At my heaviest I could hardly tell the difference.

The other night I made some of those crackers I posted about last week, but, instead of savoury, I did a sweet version, I just added sweetener (to taste), I could have added unsweetened cocoa, nutmeg, cinnamon or ground ginger (may try ginger next time!) They came out like rich tea biscuits! (not sure if they are just a UK biscuit) They were yummy, definitely hit the spot. I got Tim to try one, he was very polite and said he could see where I was coming from but I dont think they were sweet enough for him!!!!! LOL. Its amazing how your palate changes on this diet.

I was reading a post by Dukan Dietress about why the Dukan Diet works for her when no other diet does. I tried to think of the reasons why it works for me, and surprisingly, at first it was quite difficult for me to think "why". Why does it work for me? Why does Dukan motivate me?

1. I WAS READY / AM READY TO LOSE WEIGHT.
No-one can / will lose weight long term if they aren't ready. At times I feel as if I have been swept along in the Dukan bubble, unquestioningly followed instructions hoping for a favourable outcome. But I know that at the start I thought it through, I weighed everything up, read the books, did research online. I didn't enter the process blindly, I made a conscious decision. I was ready to lose weight, I know it sounds like a cliche, but I WAS FED UP OF BEING FED UP. Fed up of feeling almost apologetic for my existence. Fed up of hating myself and feeling that I deserved no better than being miserable. I think a large part of the change was having my daughter, in a nutshell, I didnt want her to grow up with my issues.

2.The Dukan diet appealed because I am an ALL or NOTHING person, I don't work in half measures.

3. SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND THE SCIENCE / IT MAKES SENSE.
I do feel like I've been guided step by step along the process, I know what I need to do to lose weight. I feel optimistic about Consolidation because there are clear guidelines there too. I think my Stabilization will be almost the same as Consolidation, I can never go back to eating what I want 6 days of the week! And I do believe this statement is a little misleading.

4. DUKAN GIVES ME DISTANCE FROM MY ADDICTIONS TO WORK ON THE ISSUES BEHIND THEM.
The Dukan diet removes my biggest obstacles, sugar and processed / refined carbs! I feel so much better without these things in my life. I am starting to consider what foods will come back into my diet at Consolidation, I hope I can be strong enough to firmly decide that these sorts of foods will not be among them.

5. IT WORKS! 
When things get tough, when temptations come along, the results of this diet are more than enough to keep me motivated.

6. MAKES ME ASPIRE TO GREATER THINGS! 
I want to be the best I can be, I want to be fit & healthy both emotionally and physically. I dont want to deprive myself of this opportunity to change! I've come to realise that being slim doesn't necessarily mean you are healthy. I know that I will probably never have the physique I want, even with exercise. I accept that I have done irrepairable damage to myself with my weight fluctuations, (trust me I have) I cannot change this BUT I accept it...... it makes me sad that I have damaged myself in this way, but its done now.

I know I will be the best I can be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Imperfections and all.......................... :)

Hope everyone's having a good one xoxo




6 comments:

  1. AGREED Sonia. Especially # 1. If a person is not ready, no diet is going to be THE diet. Sorry about your rollercoasting, but you've got my company for the ride. It seems I do a lot of upping and downing but the overall trend leads down. I believe what you say about noticing more nuances now at a lower weight than when you were heavier is spot on.

    I need to buy more cornstarch to make more of the crisps too they were delicious!
    *anna
    oceannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. I'm surprising myself by how calmly I take these little ups n' downs now! It does annoy me at times but on the whole I'm Ok with it. I think I've lost so much and feel so better about myself, its somehow easier to take, if it had happened nearer the beginning I think I'd have taken it badly!

      I had to give Tim 2 of the crisps or I would have eaten all 6 of them!!!!!! xo

      Delete
  2. You have come such a long way, and are an inspiration to many! I think it is true that deciding, really deciding to change things is an important factor, and also finding a diet that is right for you. Dukan is definitely easy to follow, and gets rid of hunger. I think low-carb and unprocessed is the way to go once we are dome with Consolidation, plus the PP day a week. I think once in Stabilization you can give into temptation once in a while, but it can't be an every day thing. The way we used to eat got us in trouble the first time, we can't go back to that!
    You will be at your next mini-goal in no time!
    F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fabiana, thats really kind! Its hard to believe I could be an inspiration to anyone. I'm hoping that once I get to Consolidation/Stabilization I will be strong enough to have my treats (celebration meals) and then get right back on track with my eating. Im sure it will become second nature after a while. I HOPE!!!! I do feel so different this time, my whole outlook has definitely changed, its great, I know I can do it. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Great post! I agree with you on all issues ... and the important thing is that we are DOING something about those issues!

    ReplyDelete