Monday 2 April 2012

Quick Update

I ended up going to hospital yesterday, my worst nightmare! I hate them....... But I was in so much pain, couldnt keep food / water down, couldnt get comfy, had chills. I have never felt anything like it.......

By 7pm the pain hadn't got any better, I text my Mum about watching Ami tomorrow (today) if I needed to go to the doctors, she told me to stop messing about, she called the nurse made me an out of hours appointment at the hospital. (Im such a baby! :)

The doctor thought it may be biliary colic / gallstones. He prescribed some anti-spasmodic medication, super strength gaviscon and high strength co-codamol. He asked how I rated the pain from 1 - 10. I said 8 - 9. He said it was surprising, women who have normally had children normally give lower numbers, I said having Ami was easy compared to this. I was being honest too, this was so much more painful and constant, at least with contractions you have some respite!

We finished at the hospital at 8.30pm & had to race to Chester by 9pm when the pharmacy closed, my Mum's driving made me feel worse, bless her! We only just got there before it closed. I took the medication, then she promptly had to stop, I puked it all up again! I took some more when I got home and my tummy had settled a little.

I managed to get some sleep last night, thankfully Ami did too! I feel SO much better this morning, still a bit queasy / weak, but I couldnt keep any food or drink down yesterday, so Im not surprised, Im so dehydrated this morning, feel all puffy, so I didnt bother weighing in.

Have a good one xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Let us know how things are going! I have heard about rapid weight loss causing gallstones ... I hope you'll be fine soon!!!! Hugs to you and your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Sonia, hope you feel better real soon !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest up Sonia. I hope you feel better real soon. BIG HUGS.
    *anna-oceannah

    ReplyDelete