Thursday 12 April 2012

6 months on Dukan

Weigh In
12 Apr 2012 - SAME.

To Dukan True Weight - 9.91llbs
To my initial goal weight - 29.75llbs

This is my 101st post!!!!!!! I want to say thank you to all those who read / visit my blog, I've had 6787 hits! I know this isn't a lot compared to some blogs, but I really do appreciate it. Thanks to everyone who comments, your support truly makes it easier for me to keep going, the fact I know you look at my blog, some of you daily, makes me work harder.

Here are some figures / stats to show my progress over the last 6 months.
  • BMI has gone from 44.1 to 29.9.
  • I have lost nearly a third of my body weight = 90.75llbs / 6 stone 6.75llbs / 41.16kgs. (32.24% to be exact.)
  • My body fat % has gone from a whopping 53.96% to 36.92%. (Thanks to Fab for the calculation.)
  • I have lost 8 inches from my chest, 11 inches from my waist, 13 inches from my hips, 8 inches from each thigh and 5 inches from the top of each arm.

Things I have learnt
  • I no longer feel I'm depriving myself by not eating junk! 
  • I'm an emotional eater. I recognise this now, when I get stressed and feel like eating, I can step back, question myself and most of the time I can talk myself out of it / distract myself until the urge to eat passes.
  • I'm stronger and more determined than I thought.
  • I need to be realistic in what I expect of myself, I cannot expect perfection, I don't have to have all the answers now.
MAIN AIMS for the next 6 months
  • Body fat % DOWN
  • BMI DOWN to normal range
  • Increase fitness levels - start C25K when I get to Dukan True Weight. Achieve a good fitness routine, increase regularity/quality of exercise.
I don't know what I expected when I started the Dukan Diet 6 months ago. My main aim was to lose weight, I think I hoped, rather than expected this would happen. I could never have dreamed that I would have come so far, not just physically but emotionally too.
Dukan has been nothing less than a miracle for me. I dont use the word 'miracle' lightly. A miracle by definition is something that is statistically unlikely but beneficial / a perceptible interruption of the laws of nature / divine providence. 6 months ago, I was at an all time low, I was eating myself into oblivion with no obvious way out, I look back in disbelief at how destructive my behaviour was. So for me to be able to just STOP this and go against the laws of my nature, to me, is the epitome of a miracle. I cannot even begin to express how thankful I am for this opprotunity to change. I still struggle at times with my confidence / self-esteem, but on the whole I am happier, more positive and CALMER!

To anyone who reads this post looking for inspiration, I hope my example helps. It certainly shows that it can be done, you can achieve your goals, even the ones, you think impossible. I'm no-one special, I haven't got super-human powers, I'm someone who was & IS desperate to change - YOU JUST HAVE TO WANT IT BAD ENOUGH!!!!! My tips - surround yourself with support, if you haven't got any, find some, start a blog! Take control, be accountable, hold yourself responsible for your actions. Trust me, gaining control of food issues positively affects every part of your life! Start now and you won't look back.

"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try!"

I will post BEFORE & 'AFTER' pictures later.

Hope everyones having a good one xoxo




      6 comments:

      1. My Dear Sonia, I must disagree with you on one single point in this post. You ARE indeed SOMEONE SPECIAL!! Other than that I totally agree with everything you say. You, I, or anyone must want to change before it can happen. The journey begins in the spirit crying out for change, then the mind becomes engaged...only then does the physical body sign on and DO the necessary steps to bring us into balance. You are a beautiful radiant example of the manifestation of Spirit! xo
        *anna
        oceannah

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Thanks for your encouragement Anna. How did you get so wise? This is why I love your blog so much, makes me calm. Its been a stressful week, I read your words and feel better, for a little while anyway (Amilee is covering me up with cushions!!! LOL) xoxo

          Delete
      2. I also began my journey only with the hope, not with the expectation that something would change! I had tried too many times before and simply didn't think I would have the strength. Like you, I feel that a miracle has happened! I am so happy to have "met" you through our blogs ... because even after the "diet" phase is over, consolidation will be a long (and hopefully fun!) road!

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Its great to have 'met' you too! I always think you look like you have a fantstic sense of humour! ;) Its amazing how you can find common ground with those you've never seen or spoken to. I cant wait until consolidation! Its just the next phase with rules (phew), I found it quite daunting a month or so ago, but I'm feeling better about it now, its amazing how your body almost becomes ready for it. xoxo

          Delete
      3. Sonia, you've done spectacularly well? Your encouragement to me and others has helped our journeys, as well... I continue to look forward to our successes!!! Sending you BIG HUGS!

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Thanks Sandi. Its great that we can all encourage each other, I cant say how much I appreciate your / everyone's help..... Here's to the future! and SUCCESS! I'm sure we'll get there! xoxo

          Delete