Friday 27 April 2012

Day 199 PP (2 of 3) Quick Update


I'll do another post later, just quick update for now.

Weigh In
27 April - 13st 5llbs / 187llbs / 84.82kgs (Loss .75llb)

Back to last Saturday's weight - great!!!! :) I'm glad I'm doing 3P&V/3PP days, I might stay with this rhythm for a while, I'm enjoying it. I think its good to try and switch things up a little, especially when you've been on Dukan for any length of time. My body seems to be liking it, I feel good. I'm also less likely to over-indulge in veggies if I'm eating them for more than one day. And on that note....................

I was thinking about Dukan Dietress' post about Portion Control - I automatically found myself defending my portions in my head and making excuses about my portion sizes! ALARM BELLS went off let me tell you!!!!!! This is the kind of thing / the kind of thinking that got me morbidly obese in the first place. Always making excuses, not being accountable/responsible - like I have no control over what I put in my mouth.

On reflection I do feel that my portions on PP days are good (please feel free to look at my food diary and disagree. Seriously!! Any suggestions welcome). But my P&V days are probably a little excessive, the protein part is Ok but I think I may over-indulge in the veggies. I will work on 2/3rds of the plate being protein, 1/3rd veg. Its more like half and half at the moment, maybe bit more veg! LOL. See I'm still dragging my feet about admitting it!!!!

Thanks to DD for such a thought provoking post! and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Prawn for busting through his 3 month plateau!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a good one xoxo


2 comments:

  1. hahah... portion distortion :) Little by slowly we make ourselves aware of our sneaky habits that keep us stuck. You are SO waking up to them all Sonia...way to go.
    *anna
    oceannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. I think it really hit me yesterday when I looked at the picture I posted of my salmon, I thought - 'WOW thats way more veg than protein!' You can't deny whats right in front of your eyes....... xo

      Delete