Wednesday 18 April 2012

Day 190 PP

Weigh In

18 April - 13st 6llbs / 188llbs / 85.27kgs (LOSS 1.75llbs)

To Dukan True Weight - 7.16llbs

Feeling a little better today, thank goodness!
Got to bed early, well 9.30pm. It was a good job because Amilee obviously had a bad night again! I love her but...............honestly.......... :) LOL. Things have been a little strained lately in my relationship with my Mum, I don't think this has helped, stress really gets to me. My Mum came over this morning and things are back to normal, well as normal as they get with us anyways........I was talking to Tim last night and he said I was acting like I wanted a fight! oops! I told him about my junk cravings and he said it was just a comfort thing, and it was like a lightbulb went off, I had been trying to convince myself that it was obviously indicative of my body needing some missing nutrient! HEHE! Don't know that the word junk and nutrients should ever be used in the same sentence! It just made me feel at ease, someone understood. I blogged last Thursday, things got tough and I withdrew into myself as I always do when things get hard, but I now know that I really need this blog to air things out and to make me think about what my actions/feelings really mean.
Its a kind of a self-sabotage, I hit my 6 months on Dukan and I got scared again. I dont cheat on this diet because I know Im not strong enough to get back up the next day and start over, or Im scared I'm not strong enough. Its a control thing. Getting near to my true weight makes me think about this part of my weight loss journey coming to an end, its like standing on the edge of a precipice. I just have to have confidence that I can do it and that Consolidation will guide me through it.

With all this in mind, I was thinking about goals. I've been quite hesitant lately to set myself goals with time frames, but I think this has been a bit counter-productive. At the start I could near enough predict how much weight I was going to lose each week, this has been trickier lately, so I thought why set myself up for disappointment, but I should have realised that goals with time frames make you work that much harder to get to a specific point by a certain date! So yesterday I set myself a goal, I hope it will be realistic, my goal is to have lost 7 stone by my 7 months Dukan Anniversary! 6.25llbs by 12th May 2012. Thats just under 2llbs per week, I hope this is do-able.

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions about calorie counters. I tried to eat more yesterday, seems to have paid off.

Hope everyone else is having a good one xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Happy New day Sonia.

    xo
    *anna
    oceannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. You always remind me to keep thinking of the positives! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Know what you are going through ... maybe you've noticed I've sort of dropped out of circulation, too. Things have been tough here, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moonday, of course I've noticed!!!!! I hope you can pick yourself up again soon! YOU CAN!!!!
      The horrid weather doesnt help, rain, rain and more rain is depressing for the soul...... Bring on some sunshine please!
      Dieting is so tough, but then again, so is life at times, and yet we manage to get through that!
      Blame men / the weather / the moon / the diet troll and smile! Hang tough....... :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Sonia, I think it shows amazing growth for you to face your triggers and even under amazing stress not cheat. I am sure you will make your goal on time. You are much stronger than you give yourself credit for!!
    You can totally do it!
    F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement F. It definitely feels like an emotional rollercoaster at times, but I dont think I would change it because I've discovered so much about myself. That knowledge is priceless not just for my weight loss journey but for life xoxo

      Delete