Thursday 22 December 2011

Day 72 - Started Exercise!

I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 3/4llb so far this week. I knew I was in for a smaller loss this week but that's fine with me, I'm due a quieter week.

Exercise - 25 minutes on my cross trainer. I know it's not quite the 30 minutes Dukan suggests but something happened that's a little worrying, I seem to have developed an allergic reaction to something. (Not unusual as over the years I have suffered a bit with allergies of one kind or another).

I noticed it the other day when I was brushing the floors in my house, as soon as I started geting hot, my arms started burning / tingling and hives started coming up all over my arms and a few on my legs & feet, very odd.
It happened again today! As soon as I started sweating, exactly the same thing happened. I've tried looking on the internet and I think it's either a dust allergy / sweat allergy. (cross trainer is in the garage).

Advice I could find - stop exercising as soon as symptoms happen, take anti-histemine.

Oh well, I will just have to do 2 x 15 minute exercise sessions instead of doing it all in one go.

Positives - I surprised myself, it's not half as bad as I thought it would be. I really enjoyed doing the exercise, I had my music on and it went really quickly (only 5/6 songs).

3 comments:

  1. I had this problem twice and it was associated with sweating and what I was wearing. I don't think breaking exercise into 2-15 minute sessions is the answer, the point of the 30 minutes is to have continuous increased heart rate to burn more calories and fat.
    I would check what you're wearing, wool does me in.. and if you look back in the early posts on my blog you'll see the rash that I had... not fun :)
    Instead of the cross-trainer can you just go out and walk? It's a hard habit to get into, but I do it every night. It's such a nice way to end the day... disconnect from my iPad and get moving outside. When I started Dukan, I was living I Abu Dhabi, it was summer, the NIGHT TIME 9 PM temp was 99-103 degrees, but walk I did. I'd set my timer for 15 mins, walk and turn around when the timer went off... You can do it... It makes a huge difference :)
    BTW, just curious why you are doing weekly weigh-ins instead of daily (my lazy, having a pajama day in bed ass, could probably find it in your previous blogs... lol). xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wearing polyester so I'm giving cotton a try today. I will take your advice and try again with the 30 minutes because it's easier to find a 30 minute slot than to try and find 2 spaces in a day. I know you are right about the walking, it would probably be a better place to start but every time I try and think about it, my mind just comes up with excuses why I can't do it. Really strange, it's like I have a mental block about it, I will try it. : ) CARPE DIEM and all that! The timers a good idea.
    Weekly weigh ins - I find I get a little obsessive when I weigh daily, it makes me miserable. On the weeks where I have weighed more than once, I found that my weight stays the same from Saturday till about Wednesday and then the scales start moving, one week I even put on 2llbs before it went down again. I start worrying about it too much. I feel so much healthier /happier doing this diet, I don't want to just make it all about the numbers.
    Thanks for the pep talk, think I'll get my shoes on and do some walking in the rain! Congrats on your loss yesterday, you'll be missing 56/57llbs at this rate! :@) Enjoy your day off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... the polyester just might be what did you in! I had a chat with my friend Lucy about how I never sweat... then I wore a blend shirt to work, walked 1 mile in the 34F wind and had sweated like a you know what by the time I got to work. It's cotton for me from now on!
    Glad you're walking. It is a hard habit to get into, but if you push yourself, it will become routine and you'll miss it when you don't walk! I moved here to China Sept. 20, I have walked to and from work every single day since... it's exactly 1 mile. Yesterday morning was the coldest... 30F and there was frost everywhere... as long as it doesn't get much colder, I'll keep it up :)
    Glad my pep talked worked... we're all in this together! The support I've gotten from fellow Dukan bloggers has been key to me losing this weight! xoxo

    ReplyDelete