Monday 28 November 2011

Dukan Forum

I've just been looking at the forums on the Dukan websites (UK / US). There are some really helpful hints.
I'm assuming the worst - my weight loss is stalling and may well be coming to a stand still! Im trying to collect information on the different ways to combat this. I may be over reacting but I'm trying to calm down and not panic!

1) Make sure you are doing the prescribed exercise (30 minute walk per day). Increase this to 60 minutes for 4 days of the week until weight loss starts again.
2) Make sure you are drinking enough 1.5 - 2 litres per day.
3) Make sure you are eating enough protein.
4) On the Protein & Veg days, veg should only amount to a third of your plate, 2/3 should be protein.
5) Dandelion tea / green tea can be a good way of getting rid of hidden water retention.
6) Cut out tolerated foods for 4 days.

I read an encouraging post on a forum:
Losing weight quickly means your body has to stop in its tracks for a short while in order to adjust to the weight loss process. Your body doesn't like to see its reserves melting and it takes it some time to adapt. Believe me, this stagnation occurs in every diet, especially when the weight loss is fast, but I assure you the weight will keep dropping at about 2 pounds a week now.

No comments:

Post a Comment