Wednesday 18 January 2012

A Treat???????

I was reading Moonday's blog, she was talking about indulging in carbs/alcohol when there had been a good result on the scales or when near mini-goals.
I was thinking I had been relatively good on this diet, I haven't cheated / broken the rules, but it got me thinking about why we reward ourselves with food. Sometimes I think its a kind of self-sabotage.

On Saturday I had lost 4 stone. As a treat I made a Dukan cake out of Dukan recipe book. I rewarded my efforts with food without even thinking about it. Yes it was Dukan friendly but it was still something sweet (definitely my downfall before I started this diet).

It was only when I read Moonday's blog that it dawned on me what I had done!!!

So I'm looking for different ways to reward other than food. Any idea's????

Hope everyone's having a good day x

3 comments:

  1. Sonia, I go for a walk now. I'm also an emotional eater, and that doesn't just mean when we're down... So celebrating with sweet food is emotional eating, as well. I slap on my shoes and celebrate with a 1 mile hike :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. You are SO close to the half way mark! SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sandi, I didn't think of celebrating with food as being related to emotional eating, I do now! A walk sounds like a good idea, I bought some extra comfy trainers today! a step in the right direction....... no pun intended. LOL. xoxo

    ReplyDelete