Tuesday 10 January 2012

A little pick me up - thanks Sandi.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm struggling to drink much water today. I'm full of cold, my sinuses hurt, I feel like someone's bashed me in the face, even my teeth hurt. Spent the night trying to sleep on the sofa, (couldnt breathe lying in bed) not very successful. My little one is poorly (cold/teething), so she was up half the night screaming, you feel so helpless, she keeps saying "make me breathe"!

I've just been catching up with the other blogs I follow and have read Sandi's quote for the day - Your journey has molded you for your great good, And it was exactly what it needed to be. Don’t think that you’ve lost time. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now… is right on time! – Asha Tyson.

Sandi's quotes really get to me - they always provoke some soul searching. This is definitely a good thing when you are losing weight. It's not just a physical battle, its a very emotional one, especially for those who have used food as a comforter. Each day brings new challenges / situations that you have to face, now that turning to food is no longer an option, it pays to look at how and why you react to things in a certain way, and if necessary, to figure out things (other than food) to distract / console yourself with.

Note to self - FACE THE EMOTION NOT COVER IT WTH FOOD. Dont let your weight / weight loss colour your relationships with others. Don't let your emotions fester - ask yourself does it really matter and if not let it go.

Thanks for reading, hope it wasn't too long / boring. I think sometimes the emotional side of weight loss is pushed to the back when really it should be at the forefront. If you don't look at & deal with the reasons why you put on the weight - you will put it on again.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Sonia... thank you! Big hugs to you today! I hope you feel better soon. I am also an emotional eater. Even though I was obese to start with, last year (2011) I started a new job, with a very abusive boss (female) who squandered my self esteem into the toilet. I gained nearly 40 pounds in 8 months! Just before my holiday in August, when I decided that I was going to do the Dukan when I got back, I was actually leaving work, stopping at McDonalds and getting a large fry and then driving through KFC to get 2 chicken breasts, extra crispy.
    I can't comprehend that I allowed that to happen to me. But I GET it... and as the quote above says, the situation brought me to the now. I am in a new job, in a new country and enjoying it for the most part.
    The Dukan diet helps you take CONTROL of your decisions... look how far you've come since you started!!! Facing our emotions is always better.
    Your posts are never boring... now drink some hot tea, do a steam for your sinuses and get better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, kettle on as per doctors instructions! : ) LOL. It's great to have someone GET it. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Sandi's quote also totally inspired me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best place to air your feelings! No one judges us because they know what we're going thru too. Keep up the the good work and keep blogging! And feel better! Nothing suck s more than feeling crappy.

    ReplyDelete