Monday 9 January 2012

Day 90

I think my body likes playing tricks on me. I couldn't believe it when I stepped on the scales and had lost 3.25llbs! Here's me saying that I didn't think I had lost much weight last week ....... Not that I'm complaining, but honestly I didnt feel like I'd lost anything. Maybe thats just how it works, the less you have to lose, the less you notice the effects??????? If I lost 3 - 4llbs a month ago I could literally feel and see the difference it made but not so much now.

I hope I will be able to get to my next goal (halfway point) by 28th January - who knows? I'm waiting to hit a plateau, I mean how long can you go on losing weight like this for?

I'm sticking with 1 day PP / 1 day P&V. I was reading the forums and they said that it you have too many Pure Protein days they can lose their effect. So I'll stick with whats working at the moment.

Unsweetened / Reduced Fat Cocoa - I cannot find it anywhere. Any ideas? What does everyone else use? I refuse to pay £7.90 + P&P from the Dukan website. I have bought the Cadbury Bournville unsweetened cocoa - no sugar, low in carbs but 21% fat. Dukan only allows up to 20% fat and you have to reduce the amount used to 1 teaspoon instead of 2. I had some in my oatbran this morning - only used half a teaspoon, I'll just have to see if it has any affect on my weight loss. I will only have it a few times a week.

Hope everyone has a great Dukan day!

5 comments:

  1. 3.25 pounds is AWESOME!!! I've been asking myself the same question for months now... how long can this kind of weight loss go on... well I'm on Day 141, and it's still going on :) You make adjustments and you keep plodding along! Here's hoping you get to the half way mark on your schedule!!! Great weigh in! WOO HOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy cocoa (just cocoa, nothing but the chocolate), then add sweetener (Stevia for me). Mix in a little bit of whatever beverage I want (unsweetened soy milk or almond milk). That way you will be in total control of what is in your drink. After your mixture is liquid enough to stir, then add the rest of your heated beverage. This makes sure that you don't get bubbles of cocoa. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to set myself realistic goals I can achieve, but sometimes you are just guessing (who knows what your body will do) 20 days to lose another 9llbs! I think it's doable, and little goals along the way make you feel a sense of purpose - 70llbs to go doesn't sound nearly as encouraging as 9llbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the cocoa tip Veerukka, always great to know what others do to make the diet a little more interesting. With almond milk sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT JOB!!! Good for you ... and keep going! No idea about the cocoa. I just make it myself from milk, unsweetened cocoa powder and sweetener...

    ReplyDelete